CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Home In the Dunes

So I'm in kind of a crappy rut. I'm anxious a lot, I'm worried about a lot of stuff I shouldn't be worried about, and I'm restless. A lot. My dad seems to be going through something similar, although he has a lot on his plate rather than the worrying randomly thing.

I really need to get some positive energy going. I'm not sure how. I've tried meditating and exercizing and writing and reading and video games. Any form of escape and healthy me time. And it works sort of, but not really because it only takes one tiny thing to bring all the negative back. Which isn't good because it means my inner energy is off balance in a bad way.

I have had a few awesome days with Mom and with Kim. And my new music is really making me happy. I try to listen to it as much as possible. And for some reason Alanis Morissette has sort of set off a creative spark and I'm writing like crazy. I keep getting frustrated because I have to interrupt my creative flow to go to work, which should be a goldmine for characters but it's really not. Maybe it will be someday when I'm reflecting. Right now it's just annoying.

I think I need to do more nature-oriented things. I want so badly to go kayaking on the lake like every day it's not raining. But we have to move the kayaks to nana's house so we can launch them from her side of the lake... which we need the truck for, which is still out of comission... and I need someone to carry them down with. Maybe I can rope Kim into it once we transport them... I also will probably rope Dad into taking walks with me or hiking or something. I think that would be good for both of us.

Look at us break our bonds in this kitchen.
Look at us rallying our defenses.

0 comments: