CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Open the Floodgates

So I finally got my Antje Duvekot CD's in the mail ( "Big Dream Boulevard" and "Snapshots") and I'm listening to them. Between Antje and Alanis I'm just in angry girl music heaven.

I have the house to myself this weekend, which is actually doing me a lot of good. I'm very inspired and writing lots of different stuff. I don't know if any of it's going to amount to anything special, but we'll see I suppose.

Other than that, there's really not much to report. I'm reading The Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice, and when I get tired of that I break into Scott Smith's The Ruins, I Am Legend, or one of the many short stories I've been meaning to read. Junot Diaz has a great narrative voice, Mary Gaitskill's got great friction between characters, and Alice Munro's just awesome. I won't ramble, because I'm starting to, so I'll stop myself now.

I am officially on a reading rampage, which is super sweet because it's causing a writing rampage.

0 comments: