CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

World Spins Madly On

The past few weeks have been kind of busy, whirring by so that everything is blurry and I often can't remember what day it is - not even kidding. If it weren't for my classes I'd be totally lost within the week. But, that's not to say this is a bad thing. The workload has lightened a bit in some classes, and is chugging on in others. I seem to have more time to get things done, although I still have quite a bit to get done - if that makes any sense.

I don't have class Monday, so I'll most likely take a long weekend at home to spend some time with family and friends I've been neglecting. (Don't worry, Jamie! I'll still model for you on Monday!) Hopefully I can clean out my kayak and go out on the lake with it, but that's probably wishful thinking.

I saw a trailer for The Lost Boys 2: The Tribe and I'd heard about this movie beforehand and was a little worried. I've come to grudgingly accept the fact that my generation is not going to be known for the fantastic movies produced. Everything is a remake, a sequel, or a copy of something else. No one's daringly original anymore... well, some people are, I'm sure, but they're few and far between. So when I heard that they were making a sequel to The Lost Boys, which was the very first "horror" movie I ever saw as a kid (I think I was 10 at the time) and has a special place in my heart as one of my favorites, my first thought was, "Oh my God, no." But, now that I have seen the trailer (which can be found at www.imdb.com after searching for The Lost Boys: The Tribe) I'm kind of excited. Jamie pointed out that it struck her more as a tribute than a sequel. It seems like they stuck with the original feel and style of the movie, but tweaked it to make it appeal to a new audience. And, it looked like BOTH Coreys were present, so I think all that stuff about Haim being difficult was hype for their show. Oh, and Aiden's cover of Cry Little Sister playing in the trailer = awesome.

I figured I'd post an update now since I'll probably be focusing on finals and end-of-the-year stuff for a while.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

every generation has shitty movies, we just dont remember any of the bad ones from long ago lol
my work load is ick too. i am hating it all up and down.
since you are going home this weekend you best be staying for the play next weekend. its going to be amazing.
maybe we can hang on friday?