CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Put Me In A Car

... and undoubtedly some weird and crazy adventure will happen. I've had 2 car misadventures in 3 days. Want to hear about them? Come on, you know you do.

Misadventure #1: The Tewksbury Tire Incident
Place: Tewksbury, somewhere between Wal-Mart and home.
Time: Around 10 PM Saturday
Involving: Me, a kickass girl named Kim, Kim's awesome dad.

So, at around 4 in the afternoon after Dad and I got back from an amazing new Mexican restaurant called Casa Blanca, I accompanied Kim on a shopping journey to the Mall for supplies for her future apartment. This was an adventure in itself, but in a good way. She got some good buys and we did a lot of chatting and window shopping. Later there was Food Courting and Bennett visiting. But our story begins after we left the Mall, failing to find an alarm clock for less than $27. "Wal-Mart," I say. "I'll bet they'll have one cheap at Wal-Mart." And off we go. We got to Wal-Mart fine, and Kim got a sweet deal on an alarm clock... that was also an iPod speaker set. It was on the way back that we encountered the Pothole. No, that is not a typo. That "P" is capitalized because this pothole was no ordinary pothole. This pothole was epic. I could describe it in detail, but you'd only think I was exaggerating. Let's just say that tiny children would run in fear of this Pothole if they knew what it was capable of. Brave men would crumble in the midst of this Pothole and women would flee and cry out in trembling fear.

You get the point, right? Big ass Pothole.

Because the street was so dark, Kim didn't see the Pothole until it was right in front of us and even when she tried to swerve it didn't do much. We were beyond hope at that point. The Pothole had set its sights on us and we didn't stand a chance. I felt the tire below me come to blows with the Pothole and then the car began to rattle and make a terrible metallic screeching noise. It appears the tire has lost the battle with the Pothole.

Needless to say, Kim had to pull over and her dad came to the rescue to change her tire after we waited a while and watched about 27 cars pass by without slowing down or offering to help. Nice society we live in, huh?

Props to my mom for picking me up from Kim's house at 11:30.

Misadventure #2: Christina and Noel's Bogus Journey
Place: All Over New Hampshire
Time: 4:30-10:30 PM Tuesday
Involving: Me, Christina, and a bunch of random cashiers.

"Hey, I have to go to Barnes & Noble to get a book for class. Want to come?" Christina asks. I say "Okay" because I have nothing pressing to do. We started out okay, browsing Barnes & Noble, stopping at Burger King, heading to the Salem Mall. We went to Borders, looked at some adorable puppies, I tried on some hats. After not having found the book at Barnes & Nobel or Borders, we go to the Manchester Mall, which incidentally doesn't have a bookstore in it... at all. Not one. They did have a gigantic picture of a hot model near their entrance, which was pretty sweet. Then we tried one more Barnes & Noble... I think. It's all kind of a blur. But no luck. So we decide to drive around downtown Manchester looking for a used bookstore we're told might help. Sketchiest car ride ever. And we found nothing. We talked in silly accents on the way back to Chester. She was Carla from Scrubs and I was Keira Knightly. It was pretty nifty.

I bought French for Dummies online for 92 cents. Way better than $9.99. I'm pretty damn proud of myself.

0 comments: