CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 26, 2007

Video Games and the College Student, Part 2

So, I have English class at 2:30 on Mondays.
I know this.
I have known this all semester.

Now, since it's a compostition and literature class there is a lot of reading involved. A LOT of reading. Usually we get lots of reading assigned to us on Wednesdays since we have plenty of time between Wednesday and Monday to read, right? Sure, makes sense...

If you're not a video game addict with tons of "new" games to play.

So what was I doing all weekend instead of reading Sylvia Plath's Ariel? I was sitting on my ass in front of the TV, PS2 controller in hand, yelling at Lara Croft for being a douche and not jumping when I pressed the button. Or for not turning the right way. Or for running when I wanted her to walk and NOT fall off the cliff/beam/catwalk. That's what happens when you play the new Tomb Raider: Legend on Xbox, think it's amazing, then assume the old Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness for PS2 will be of lesser quality, but equally amazing. Not so. I can't believe that shit got 5 out of 5 stars. And yet I can't stop playing it. Figures.

Cheers,
Noel

0 comments: