CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Blog About Nothing

Hey, it worked for Seinfeld.

So, my spring break is nearly over and I'm going back to school on Monday. I haven't gone anywhere or seen anyone, sadly. I've been watching movies and playing video games, and contemplating life.

When I watch a movie, strange as it sounds, a part of my brain tries to apply it to my life: a current problem or situation, or one in the past. Whatever. Yesterday I watched The Departed and The Holiday. An interesting combination back-to-back. The former is about organized crime and corrupt cops in Boston (Really? You don't say!). The latter is about 2 depressed women, fresh out of difficult break-ups, who switch homes for 2 weeks. One is a crime-thriller with lots of blood, cursing, and back-stabbing; the other is a total chick flick featuring quirky humor and emotionally distraught women. So watching them both in one sitting was a little jarring.

I was easily able to relate The Holiday to my life. I mean, what girl hasn't wanted to just say screw it and just take off? The Departed, however, was difficult. I am not a crime boss, nor am I a corrupt statie from Boston, nor am I a shrink playing both sides. But I do like the song "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys and I know people who live in Boston. I guess that's close enough.

And if I ever decide to refer to these movies to solve any of my problems, please hope I pick The Holiday. I really don't want to have to kill anyone. Although I've been told I could fit several bodies into the crawlspace of my loftbed...

In other news, I saved Anne Darrow from some dinosaurs today in the PS2 game King Kong. It was awsome.

Cheers.

0 comments: